We've had the privilege of helping hundreds of Iowans stand up for their rights and recover the compensation that they deserve. Here's a sampling of the results we've received for the clients we work for in various types of cases. These are merely a few examples of the people and businesses we've helped over the years. These case results do not guarantee or predict the same result in your case. Results may vary, although each of these cases reflect our skills and dedication to the people we help. Every case is different and has its own merits or weaknesses that must be evaluated by an attorney.
- Trial court judgment for an office manager asserting unpaid wages and overtime, including a retrial after initial adverse decision was reversed on appeal.
- Trial court judgment for employee who was unlawfully fired after supposedly refusing to take a drug test.
- Multiple overtime law recoveries on behalf of employees who were misclassified as exempt or who were not properly paid for all overtime hours worked.
- $275,000 settlement on behalf of a client who alleged whistleblowing retaliation.
- Multiple class action settlements on behalf of restaurant servers challenging restaurants' minimum wage policies for tipped workers.
- Class action settlement on behalf of store managers for convenience store company who maintained that they were misclassified as exempt employees under overtime law.
- Class action settlement on behalf of assistant store managers for convenience store company who contended that they were forced to work off-the-clock without compensation.
- Class action settlement on behalf of promotional employees for national hospice company who alleged that they were misclassified as exempt outside salespersons under overtime law.
Personal Injury, Products Liability, Dog Bite Law
- Jury verdict and money damages in false imprisonment case on behalf of client who was stopped by store security and held in a room for over an hour without being allowed to notify her family of her whereabouts.
- $350,000 settlement in an airbag failure case in which a car's airbag failed to deploy after a crash.
- $250,000 settlement on behalf of a client who was hit by a car and severely injured after a taxi driver ejected him from the taxi and left him on the side of a dark road.
- $110,000 settlement on behalf of client who suffered shoulder injuries in a car accident.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of an estate and family arising out of their mother's death after an attack by another resident at a nursing home.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of child's family after child was attacked by a dog while playing in her yard.
- Confidential settlement on behalf of client who was attacked by a dog while working in her yard.
- Confidential settlement after a wire retrieval basket broke off inside our client's body during a surgical procedure and had to be surgically removed.
- Confidential settlement for client who suffered broken ankle as a result of a motorcycle accident.
- $500,000 recovery in a disputed accidental death benefits claim.
- Confidential settlement for greenhouse operation after greenhouse lost electricity, causing heater to fail and resulting product loss due to freezing temperatures.
- Confidential settlement for homeowners whose home was partially destroyed by tornado.
Construction Defect Law
- Jury verdict for homeowners regarding the defective construction of their home.
- Confidential settlement through which builder agreed to repurchase home because of substantial issues with its construction.
- A settlement regarding commercial building defects under which the builder/developer agreed to undertake substantial repairs at its cost.
Business Practices Law
- $950,000 trial court judgment on behalf of one member of two-member corporations arising out of the breakup and dissolution of the businesses.
Private Nuisance Law
- Confidential settlement on behalf of group of homeowners regarding excessive noise from a warehouse operation near their homes.